Hotheads® Warranty & Return Policy
Buyer’s Remorse or Color Exchanges *Hair is not returnable after 30 days from purchase date.
- Only unopened packages of hair that are in re-salable condition are returnable.
- The return must be initiated within 14 days of receipt of goods to avoid restocking fees. After 14 days, returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee. Please contact your Beauty Solutions Sales Consultant directly or contact Customer Service at 888.973.7546 to initiate your return.
- Credits are applied to your Beauty Solutions account only less the cost of return shipping and any applicable restocking fees. Beauty Solutions does not offer cash or credit card refunds.
- Hotheads® Hair Extensions come with a limited, six (6) month prorated warranty against manufacturing defects, effective from the original invoice date. Claims that are made outside of 6 months, will be rejected.
- The Hotheads® limited warranty does not accommodate non-manufacturing defects including:
- Physical alteration of adhesive tabs including cutting or evidence of heat application
- Chemical alteration of the extension. This includes lifting, coloring, smoothing treatment or use of blonding (purple) shampoo.
- Color Effects hair extensions are comprised of 50% human hair and 50% heat resistant synthetic fibers. Color Effects hair extensions come with a limited, three (3) month prorated warranty against manufacturing defects, effective from the original invoice date. Color Effects hair extensions are subject to the same terms and conditions as listed above. Use of heat in excess of 250° Fahrenheit will damage the synthetic fibers and void the warranty. Hotheads Color Effects include:
Fantasy: HB11 Turquoise, HB13 Ocean Blue, HB17 Hot Pink, HB23 Lilac, HB25 Purple
Pastel: HB27 Lavender and HB29 Soft Peach
- Specialty colors are subject to fading and will not be considered a manufacturer defect for warranty purposes. The Hotheads specialty colors include:
Colormelts: 4/20 CM, 4A/60A CM, 5/8 CM, 5/23 CM, 6/20 CM, 6/24 CM, 8/23 CM, 8/613 CM, 18/25 CM, 18/60A CM 23/613 CM, 3/BL CM, 3/GR CM 5/VI CM, 6/WG CM, 23/LA CM, 613/SP CM
Reds: 29, 34, 134, 140
Silvers: 70, 72
Discoloration: Blondes that turn pink, orange or darken are not the result of a manufacturing defect. This occurs most often from contact with sun tanning sprays or lotions, makeup, Argan oils, or minerals from hard water (river, ocean, spa water etc...). These are considered external factors and are not covered under the Hotheads Warranty.
Hotheads Warranty Claims *This process can take from six to eight weeks.
- To qualify for a warranty claim, the client must have received and signed the Extension Home Care Form at the time of installation.
- Contact your Beauty Solutions Sales Consultant directly or Customer Service at 888.973.7546 to request the mandatory Hotheads® Claim Form. This form is required by the Manufacturer.
- If the client has followed proper home care instructions and feels that the hair is defective, remove the hair from the client’s head. The hair must be clean and dry before returning to the Manufacturer for analysis. Attach the tabs to the original plastic backing or a piece of foil to avoid tangling.
- 90% of the hair is required for consideration of the claim (18 pieces of a 20 piece pack or 10 pieces of a 12 piece pack).
- After both mandatory forms have been received by the Beauty Solutions Returns Department, a UPS return label will be sent via email.
- If the claim is initiated within 30 days of the original invoice date, the claim may qualify for replacement hair to be sent during review. Please contact the Returns Department to request replacement hair at 888.973.7546.
- If a claim qualifies for replacement hair, a UPS return label will be included with the replacement order. Upon receipt of a replacement order, the return of defective hair MUST be recorded by UPS within 3 business days to avoid being charged for the replacement order.
- Once the hair has been received by Beauty Solutions Distribution Center, it will be inspected and shipped to Hotheads for evaluation.
- If Hotheads® determines the hair to be defective; your account will not be charged for the replacement hair that was shipped. Approved claims can only be exchanged for the exact same hair that was originally purchased (same color & length).
- If the hair is determined not to be defective your account will be charged for any replacement hair and all applicable shipping charges per the signed acknowledgement on the Hotheads® Claim Form. The original purchase will be returned.